- Aprox. 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 onion
- about 3 cloves garlic
- 100g of blanched almonds
- 150g green olives
- 1 lemon
- about 500ml of chicken stock
- 2-3 potatoes chopped into chunks
- enough oil to fry the onion and garlic (I use canola oil)
- Chop the onion and garlic finely and then fry this in the oil.
- Cut the chicken pieces in half and then add them to the onion and garlic and lightly brown.
- Add the blanched almonds, the finely sliced lemon, olives, potatoes and the stock.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
I like to serve this with cous cous, although you could certainly eat this alone or with a nice polenta. Perhaps you would serve this with something else, I would love to hear any other ideas.
As you might have noticed, i'm not particularly precise with my recipes. Often this is because I just use what I have on hand that day. I also tend to adjust recipes to suit my tastes and I encourage you to do the same :)