Friday, August 27, 2010

Sun Dress



So, I have finally found a little time to work on a project and here's the amazing part, I actually finished it, all on the one day!!!


My grandmother has recently had to go into a nursing home. It's been a really difficult time for us as a family, however, my grandmother has made the adjustment better than we could have ever imagined. We now have the difficult task of going through her house and rehoming and selling nearly a lifetime's worth of possessions. Of course, some things have gone to my grandma in the home, however, you can't cram everything from her house into one room! We're trying to keep as many of her things in the family as possible, particularly those with meaning. As such, I've inherited 3-3 dozen sewing patterns, spanning from about the 1950's to the mid 90's. I was so excited that the very next day after I got them, I got started one a lovely little dress for my eldest daughter, who is turning 2 next month.


This also gave me the incentive to finally sit down and read through the manual of my sewing machine, which I only wish I would have done earlier. This sewing machine can do so much more than I ever dreamed of. Do you know that my machine will actually sew the buttons on, that's right, it will sew the button holes AND then sew the buttons on. I have to admit though that I actually sewed these on because I had dinner guests coming and I had spent nearly all day sewing. I didn't want to risk running out of time to get the house into some order and cook dinner, whilst I figured out how to make the machine work it's magic. I will investigate this, soon.


More of these lovelies to come soon and go into my store. In the meantime, this one is reserved for my birthday girl, to wear on her birthday if it's warm enough :)


Mary xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment