Friday, August 27, 2010

Spinach, Pumpkin, Fetta, Mushroom, Pine Nut Risotto


I make this risotto all the time. My little ones LOVE it and I usually try and put as many vegies in as possible. It's also pretty thrifty, being vegetarian. What's not to love.


Depending on what I have available, I will include a combination of: spinach (I ALWAYS keep frozen spinach in the freezer, so easy), mushroom, roasted pumpkin, fetta and pine nuts. Yummy, yummy.


I won't go into details about how to make this, except to say that I heat some butter, add onion and garlic, then add the rice and cook the risotto. I usually add the frozen spinach when the risotto is about half way done and everything else goes in when the risotto is pretty much ready.


If you try this out, you will certainly add this to your list of regular meals.
Enjoy,
Mary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment