Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a LOT like Christmas



















Our tree has been up for a little while, however last night I finished wrapping the last of the presents, although I still have a few little things to buy/make. I counted that I have 25 people to buy for, not including my two sweetpeas. Some of those people are getting more than one thing. No wonder Mr Sweetpea keeps asking me where all our money is going. I did suggest moving somewhere far away last weekend, in a huff. Preferably somewhere sunny and close to the beach. Perhaps this will make Mr Sweetpea reconsider, we surely couldn't post all of these gifts, hehe. All those gifts do look pretty under the tree though, although this was only for the purpose of the photo and they're all about to go back into the spare room/study/junk room so they remain intact, oh, and because Santa is brining them, of course.














Here are the Christmas chocolates I made. Don't they look lovely. I used silicone cupcake moulds to get that lovely shape, you can just put them on baking paper though. However, you can't use saucers, you will be forced to pry them of, chip by chip and eat them. Don't ask me how I know, I just do :)



















Here is one part of a gift I am making. The other part is a book. Can you guess what this is going to be? I have another 5 of these to go, although as two are for my sweetpeas, who each have a massive haul of gifts (from Santa, to start shopping early is not a good idea if you just keep going, right up until Christmas), i'm not too phased if those two don't get finished in time for Christmas.

I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season and remembering those who are less fortunate at this time, financially or through bad news at this time.

Ending on a happier note, i'm off to make banana pancakes with grilled nectarines. Planning to mix mashed banana through the pancake batter and will top with the grilled nectarines with a little brown sugar and some vanilla yoghurt. Or not, just noticed the time, raisin toast it is, but I know what's for breakfast tomorrow, yum yum!

Hope you all have fantastic weekends lined up with plenty of good food, good friends and festive cheer!

Mary xxx



























4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Thanks for stopping by Planet Baby - it's great to have you aboard! I'm so delighted you share my taste in those French goodies - best of luck ☺. I've returned the favour and am now following you. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW I posted this at 10.02 pm - you may need to change your time settings! J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visiting my blog, nice to meet you! Those choccies look awesome! I am relating to having a billion people to buy gifts for... and admiring you taking on making so many gifts!!! I need more more time in my day!! Hope you have a lovely Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jane and Bubby makes Three. Yes Jane, I do need to change my time settings. Just need to figure out how to do it :)

    I appreciate you both taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete