Monday, September 20, 2010

MIA - Enchanted Woods 2nd Birthday Party


So, I have been MIA for a little while now, and here is why. An enchanted woods 2nd birthday party. Many late nights were had by me by it was well worth it to see the happiness and excitement on the birthday girl's face. Much fun was had by all. (Apologies for some of the bad lighting, that's what happens when you run around in your pj's taking photos before the party begins praying no-one arrives before you have time to get dressed!



Frog in a pond
Pinyata (I forgot to leave a hole to thread the string through, but I did finally get a chance to use the lovely dragonfly ribbon I'd had for ages)
Bubbles outside for the kiddies to play with (hard to find games that 2 year olds can understand and enjoy)

the mandatory fairy bread

more mandatory birthday food, chocolate crackles

Lolly Bags

Table Decorations

Mushroom Lollies (they were on clearance at Coles, unfortunately I don't think they will be stocking them any longer)

Hedgehog cupcakes (Tutorial at http://weelovebaking.blogspot.com/search/label/how%20to%20tutorials)

Birthday Cake (apologies for the bad lighting). Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, decorated with mini bunting and mini toadstools.

Terrarium

Sparklers (if you do this, be careful that the shredded paper doesn't catch on fire)
Toadstool Table Decorations

Cake Ball Owls (Inspired by http://www.bakerella.com/pop-star-kelly-in-michigan)

Birds Nests

Bunting

Hope you enjoyed "sharing" the party!

Have a lovely weekend.

Mary







6 comments:

  1. Cute party!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Just wanted to let you know that the Jeannie Baker exhibition will be in Melbourne at the Melbourne Museum from November 5th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm not surprised you've been busy, a huge amount of work must have gone into all those beautiful decorations and food. Thank you for your lovely comment, your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww everything is so cute! You can really tell how much time you invested in it! Gorgeous details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. Yes, it was a lot of work, but I loved doing it. Best of all my gorgeous little girl had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! Well done :)
    Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I am glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous theme :) Love the hedgehog cupcakes, mushroom lollies and the cake ball owls. I'm glad your little girl had fun, I would too!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete